I have collected several ‘rules to live by’ over the years and this one from Walter Anderson is short and speaks to my heart. It is another one of the items from my research files from 2001 that I went through a couple weeks ago. There is a lot of wisdom here and I hope you’ll take some time to read every single word and reflect on what they mean to you as a person and as a leader.
- Say “I’m Responsible”.
- Believe in something big. You’ll like yourslef a lot more, and so will others.
- Be brave. Remember, courage is acting with fear, not without it. If the challenge is worth it, you’re supposed to be nervous.
- Love someone. You should know joy.
- Be ambitious. No single effort will solve all your problems, achieve all your dreams or even be enough, and that’s okay. To want to be more than we are is real, normal and healthy.
- Smile. Because no one else can do this for you.
“If you’d like to know what your choices have been, look at yourself and the life you have lived. What you see is the choices you’ve made.” Dr. Shad Helmstetter
How about you? What are the rules you live by? What are the choices you’ve made as a result?